Kansas Grape Growers and Winemakers Association
The KGGWA was formed in 1987 as a coalition of Kansas grape growers and winemakers to improve the industry practices and products in Kansas.
The KGGWA Vision
The KGGWA is a not for profit organization whose purpose is:
- To further the growth and economic development of grape growing and winemaking in the state of Kansas
- To search for the wine grape varieties best adapted to Kansas
- To develop research projects on improving wine making methods
- To improve the quality of grapes grown in Kansas
- To furnish current information to growers and vintners
- To participate in studies, programs, research and data dissemination on grapes and wine
- To represent the interest of Kansas growers and vintners in legislative issues
- To develop education programs that will assist in the promotion, production, and quality of Kansas grapes and wine
The KGGWA proudly sponsors an annual amateur wine competition every year in January in conjunction with our Annual Conference....... contact Bob DesRuisseaux for more information and to enter.
KGGWA supports the work of Kansas Department of Agriculture to present the Grape Stomp at the Kansas State Fair. KGGWA also works with the Kansas State Fair to provide judges for the annual wine judging there.
Want to Join the KGGWA? Click here to download a membership form.